1) If you are not keen on trick or treaters coming to your door, then turn off your outside lights, and keep decorations (if any) inside. Most trick or treaters will only knock on the door if they sense you are welcoming. If you are happy for trick or treaters to come to your door – put out a pumpkin as a sign of welcome – take a look at these great pumpkin designs!
2) Don’t leave candles alight in your home if you’re going out. You can use a torch or an LED tea light that have the same effect and actually last longer!
TRICK OR TREAT….
3) If your kids are going trick or treating, ensure there is at least 1 adult with them and you have a mobile phone at hand
4) Ensure you choose bright colours that make your child more visible in the dark and remember any store bought costumes and accessories (masks, beards, wigs) must be labelled “flame resistant.”
HALLOWEEN AT HOME
5) If your child doesn’t fancy trick or treating but feels left out – get creative at home – decorate pumpkins with glitter, create some tasty treats and hold a small party!
Wishing you all a safe Happy Halloween!