Written by Kenneth Grahame
Directed & Adapted by Sarah Slator
Music by Simon Stallard
Following This Is My Theatre‘s previous touring production of The Railway Children in 2022, we are delighted to welcome the theatre company back this year with another family-friendly Summer adventure.
“Hang spring cleaning!” cries Mole as he abandons this seasonal task for the call of the world above. And what a world he discovers! The River, The Wild Wood and The Wide World beyond. Mole will experience adventure like never before. Join him as he learns the joys and dangers of living outside of his hole and forges friendships with the logical Rat, formidable Badger and who can forget the outrageous Toad of Toad Hall.
Closely adapted from the original and best-selling children’s book by Kenneth Grahame and combined with traditional folk music, The Wind in the Willows will delight children and adults alike this summer.
Doors open: 18:00
Duration: approx. 80 minutes. There will be a short interval in the production.
The outdoor performances will take place in Museum Square. The shows will go on in all but the most extreme weather conditions. Bring your comfy chairs, cosy blankets, come dressed for the Great British weather and enjoy some great al fresco entertainment. There is no wet weather option.
Refreshments will be available.
THE SMALL PRINT
- Please note this is a separately ticketed event and not included in a Historic Dockyard annual ticket.
- Children under 18 must be accompanied by an adult.
- We won’t stop or cancel a show due to weather unless absolutely necessary so bring a rain coat, wrap up warm and enjoy the show in spite of it! If the show goes ahead tickets will not be refunded.
- Museum Square is hard standing, please bring something comfortable to sit on (low backed chairs are recommended). Chairs will NOT be provided on the night.
- This Is My Theatre does not use amplified sound. The team are happy to place personal hearing microphones in close proximity to the stage for any audience members requiring this.