Directed & Adapted by Sarah Slator
Music by Simon Stallard
Following This Is My Theatre’s previous touring production of The Railway Children in 2022, we are delighted to be back this year with another Summer adventure.
The adaptation of the much-loved story – packed with song, suspense and, of course, sword fights – will be sure to warm hearts and spread cheer.
Based on the traditional tales of the outlaw of Sherwood Forest, with sword fights galore this exciting adaptation will have everyone on the edge of their seats this summer.
Join the legendary Robin Hood as he takes on the Sheriff of Nottingham, steals from the rich to give to the poor and finds love along the way.
All ages will love this contemporary telling of this much loved hero with live music, song and… Did we mention the sword fights?
Duration: approximately 90 minutes. There will be a short interval during the production.
The outdoor performances will take place in Museum Square. The shows will go on in all but the most extreme weather conditions. Bring your comfy chairs, cosy blankets, come dressed for the Great British weather and enjoy some great al fresco entertainment. There is no wet weather option.
Refreshments will be available.
THE SMALL PRINT
- Please note this is a separately ticketed event and not included in a Historic Dockyard annual ticket.
- Children under 18 must be accompanied by an adult.
- We won’t stop or cancel a show due to weather unless absolutely necessary so bring a rain coat, wrap up warm and enjoy the show in spite of it! If the show goes ahead tickets will not be refunded.
- Museum Square is hard standing, please bring something comfortable to sit on (low backed chairs are recommended). Chairs will NOT be provided on the night.
- This Is My Theatre does not use amplified sound. The team are happy to place personal hearing microphones in close proximity to the stage for any audience members requiring this.