Christmas is one of the busiest times to get engaged, with Christmas Eve being the most popular day.
Here at the Dockyard, we have met many brides and grooms to be. Some know exactly what they want for their wedding day – armed with folders and organisers, whilst others feel a little lost. Whatever category you fall into, we have come up with our top tips on what to do after you get engaged….
- You’ll be showing your hand off like there’s no tomorrow, and you’ll want pretty nails too – make that manicure appointment
- It’s a non-fun job but you’ll feel better for it – make sure you get your ring insured
- Enjoy being engaged, have a mini break, a party, celebrate – have a breather before the planning begins
- Before you know it, you have a major list of all the people you want to invite, sit down with a cup of tea to go over the list together – only bring in a relatives point of view when you have both confirmed the list
- Research! Research is key on ensuring you do not regret things after the big day – take your time and look at reviews
- Take notes – have a handy notepad in your bag to jot down any thoughts. It will come in handy when the small things mean the most!
- Picking the date – think about your honeymoon destination as it may change when you want to get married. Check with any major calendar events first for any clashes and book away.
Now we’ve got you sorted for celebrating your engagement, take a look at our venue options below and get in touch today. We are also offering 15% off venue hire for weddings in 2023, if booked before 31st March 2023.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org to start planning your big day here at the Dockyard.