Today is wedding planning day!
Our wedding coordinator will help you all the way from booking the venue to saying “I do”. They will also help you choose the best date for your wedding, and with a list of recommended suppliers they can help you choose your caterer, florist, DJ, photographer and more. We’ve even got you covered on the day with an emergency kit in the bridal suite!
But what else do you need to plan? Here’s some of our top tips on where to begin…
We talked to our Hospitality Sales Executive to find her top tips to planning your wedding…
- Nail your budget! Don’t spend anything until you’ve set a realistic budget that won’t stretch you too far. It’s a common mistake to forget all the little extras, too – for the budget to work, you need to factor in every detail. Don’t forget to account for additional costs like dress alterations, gifts and beauty expenses. These can all add up! (Thanks to Wedding Ideas Mag for this top tip!)
- It’s all about you! Always remember never to stray too far from the most important thing – you, marrying the love of your life! Wedding planning can often become about the guests and making sure they have a good time, when in actual fact, the only important thing is that the day is special for you both! Put yourselves first in every decision; the day is yours, not your mum’s or aunt’s!
- Guest List! Sorting the guest list early is important so you can then focus on finding the perfect venue that will cater for your chosen number of guests. Don’t get guilt tripped into inviting people that you don’t really want there or that aren’t important to you. It is one of the hardest parts of planning a wedding, but it has to be yours and your partners decision only!
- Use a wedding planning timeline or checklist! There are hundreds of these handy little tools online to help you plan what to do and when to do it and I would highly recommend you use them! Not every thing on every list will apply to your wedding, but it’s a perfect way to prioritise getting suppliers booked and things paid for.
- Questions! Never be afraid to ask questions, weather it’s the venue you’ve booked, the photographer, DJ or venue decorator! We are all here to help you and no question is silly so please do ask them. A good supplier will always be on hand to help answer your queries and put your mind at ease!
Don’t forget you could have your wedding here! Check out our weddings page for more information!