We will meet this goal through:
- Growing excellence in all areas across the charity including service, welcome, maintenance and trading activities supporting the Trust
- Continuing to generate an ethos of entrepreneurship and independence through a programme of 1,000 small improvements that collectively make a big impact.
- Developing excellence in Governance, Management and opportunity spotting
- Ensuring investment and use of our site considers wider environmental impacts and the biodiversity of the site with improvements in all areas being a primary focus.
- Ensuring a commitment to diversity in all areas of operations and to the local community as a significant local heritage asset.
In meeting our develop excellence goal, we have set the following objectives:
- Maintain an entrepreneurial culture that creates and develops a broad range of opportunities that go beyond the financial into all areas of our operation.
- Support excellence in best service as this will lead to the best financial return – whilst always respecting the balance of users across the site.
- Develop an Environmental Impact Strategy, linked to wider global strategies, that recognises the need to increase bio-diversity across our industrial site and focussing on the environmental impact of our work and the sustainable re-use of building as positive action to recycling embedded carbon. This strategy will also demonstrate the importance of the re-use of our historic buildings, unlocking the embedded carbon within. We will complete this strategy by December 2020.
- Create excellence in all our trading activities, including:
- Continue to support the commercial sales of Ropery production, ensuring its manufacturing role remains as a key part of the visitor attraction whilst also providing excellent service to its trade customers
- Review the trading operations (including Catering, Retail and Hospitality) by April 2021 to realise potential growth areas and implement a business plan for trading from 2021 onwards that increases significant financial return from trading operations by 2025 including:
- Increasing spend per head in retail functions by 10%.
- Increasing spend per head in catering functions by 10%.
- Developing a strategy for increasing Hospitality sales representing an increase of 15% growth over 5 years.
- Increase returns from other third party uses of our site, including filming and facility hire – always ensuring there is no adverse impact on our other users across the site.
- Develop a programme of “1,000 small improvements that collectively make a big impact” which engage all staff and volunteers across the organisation in making small but meaningful developments that have a great impact. We will have completed 500 of these by December 2022.