The Historic Dockyard Chatham has been an important part of the lives of Medway residents for over 400 years. During the 40th anniversary year of the closure of the working dockyard, we want as many local people as possible to be able to enjoy a day out with us, to experience climbing aboard our historic warships, seeing the last remaining operational ropewalk, getting hands on in our galleries and connecting with the stories of the past.
To help people who might find cost a barrier to visiting The Historic Dockyard Chatham, our Universal Credit and Pension Credit tickets provide entry at a reduced price.
A limited number of tickets are available for Medway residents each day for £2 per person (children aged 3 and under are free).
Universal & Pension Credit Tickets
We understand how hard things are for many residents in Medway on low incomes, and we would like to do what we can to help.
We have made reduced price day tickets to The Historic Dockyard Chatham available for those receiving Universal or Pension Credit.
These tickets must be booked online in advance of a visit (these tickets are not available on the door) and are valid for one day only. These tickets are only available for up to 6 people per family (under 3’s go free).
There are no Universal Credit or Pension Credit tickets available at the ticket desk.
What you need to bring on the day of your visit
You will need to bring proof of Universal Credit or Pension Credit with you to the Historic Dockyard on the day of your visit.
The friendly staff at our ticket desk will need to see, along with your booking reference email that you should have received when booking your tickets online (this can be an electronic copy, for example logging in to your Universal Credit App to show us on arrival). You may also be asked to show Photographic ID.
Once our staff are satisfied with your identification, you will be issued a day ticket for the Historic Dockyard.
Please note this ticket will only be valid on the day of your visit.
We will not be able to issue a reduced price ticket unless you are able to prove eligibility for the scheme.
How to get proof of benefit letter:
Terms & Conditions
- Tickets must be booked online, in advance. Tickets are not available on the door.
- Tickets are valid for one day only. Universal and Pension Credit tickets are not annual tickets.
- Tickets are limited to 6 per household, per day.
- Tickets are available for visits from Saturday 10 February to Sunday 17 November 2024 only.
- Tickets are only available to residents with the following postcodes: ME1, ME2, ME3, ME4, ME5, ME7, ME8
- When booking tickets online, a booking reference number will be issued. This must be shown on arrival at the Historic Dockyard, along with proof of Universal or Pension Credit. Entry will not be permitted unless staff are satisfied the visitor is eligible for the scheme.
- Tickets are not valid for special events or separately ticketed experiences including Medway Gaming Festival, Salute to the ’40s, Call the Midwife Official Location Tours and Mission Christmas.