What is Arts Award?
Arts Award is a range of nationally recognised qualifications accredited by Trinity College London for children and young people aged 5-25.
There are 5 levels of Arts Award: Discover, Explore, Bronze, Silver and Gold and each level provides the opportunity for young people to grow as an artist/creative through participation in creative activities and research.
As an additional qualification, Arts Award is a great way for young people to show their commitment to the arts. An Arts Award qualification is also a good addition to a CV or personal statement, which is great for progression to further or higher education and employment.
Arts Award at the Dockyard
We welcome groups to the Dockyard to take part in Arts Award projects led by our trained Arts Award advisers, or we can also visit you in your setting.
We focus on offering flexible and bespoke content inspired by the Historic Dockyard and have previously offered a broad range of topics such as photography, stop motion animation, visual arts and textiles. We can also provide support for your existing Arts Award groups through bespoke workshops tailored to your project, and support and advice with portfolios and moderation.
We have worked with a huge variety of groups, from whole school Arts Award days to smaller projects with Young Carers and Medway Virtual School.
What is Artsmark?
The Artsmark Award is a creative quality standard for schools and education settings accredited by Arts Council England.
Artsmark is awarded at 3 levels: Silver, Gold and Platinum. The award aims to help schools and education settings to embed arts, culture and creativity across their curriculum.
Artsmark at the Dockyard
We are pleased to be an Artsmark Partner, enabling us to support schools and education settings from EYFS & KS1 to KS5 who are currently working toward achieving Artsmark status.
We can support you in the following ways:
- Our learning offer: Set in an impressive 80-acre complex, The Historic Dockyard Chatham provides a rich, authentic, and varied learning environment, ideal for a wide range of educational tours and group sizes, from small classes to year groups. Find out more here.
- Arts Award workshops and support: Our Learning team are fully trained Arts Award Advisers, and we offer the opportunity to achieve all levels of Arts Award here in our unique setting. Please see above for more information.
- Digital content: Please feel free to make use of our digital content to help you on your Artsmark journey:
- Spaces for your arts events: Here at the Historic Dockyard we have a number of unique spaces which you can use to host your arts events such as performances and exhibitions.
- Support and advice on Artsmark: We can offer support with your Artsmark journey including advice on Artsmark applications and helping you to create other cultural connections locally.
- CPD and INSET for teachers: We can provide a range of services including training on using a heritage site to enhance your students learning, team building activities and Arts Award support for your staff.