The Historic Dockyard Chatham offers ample parking for all its visitors with space for up to 1,000 vehicles with dedicated parking for Blue Badge Holders.
We have ample parking for all visitors with space for up to 1,000 vehicles including an undercover facility in one of Europe’s oldest widespan metal structures (Slip 5) and outside at the South Mast Pond.
There are dedicated parking bays for Blue Badge Holders. Simply follow the signs for visitor parking upon arrival.
Both car parks are located close to our main visitor entrance and offer step free access.
The Historic Dockyard Chatham is a controlled parking zone. Our Automatic Number Plate Recognition (ANPR) camera reads your number plate on arrival.
Parking is free of charge for museum visitors. Please have your vehicle registration ready for our front of house team at our ticket desk(s).
Parking charges apply for anyone using the car park and not visiting the Historic Dockyard.
Please note, parking charges will apply for returning visitors from 2024.
Charges payable on exit, based on length of stay
Historic Dockyard Chatham Visitors (visiting the museum):
- Up to 12 hours – Free*
- 12 hours and over – £20 (per day)
Please provide your vehicle registration details at our ticket desk.
*Parking charges may apply for special events.
Parking charges will apply to returning visitors from 1 February 2024. First time visitors will be eligible for free parking.
All other car park users:
- Up to 30 minutes: Free
- 30 minutes – 7 hours: £3.50
- 7 – 12 hours: £10
- 12 hours and over: £20 (per day)
Parking charges apply 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Charges are payable on exit and are based on your length of stay.
HOW TO PAY
There are 3 kiosks, two located near the main visitor entrance and one near 5 Slip, our undercover parking area.
- Enter your vehicle registration details.
Your parking charge will be calculated from the data collected by our ANPR cameras at point of entry.
- Pay the amount shown on the screen.
- Drive to the exit.
Our ANPR camera will read your number plate. The barrier will lift automatically if you have paid your parking charge.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Parking charges apply 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Additional parking charges apply for each 24-hour period, or part thereof.
- The applicable daily charges shall be displayed at the pay machines.
- Vehicles must park within designated bays
- Vehicles parked within disabled bays must show a valid blue badge in the windscreen
- CCTV and ANPR technology is in use in the car park. By parking your vehicle in the car park you consent to us capturing, using and processing your vehicle registration and personal details via CCTV and Automatic Number Plate Recognition (ANPR) for car park operation and enforcement purposes, to calculate the relevant parking charge. This includes our right to request and obtain the details of a vehicle’s registered keeper from the DVLA.
- Users of the car park do so at their own risk management will not accept responsibility for damage, accident or loss