At a glance …
New for 2023
- RetroLand – 50 years of gaming exhibition including zones for each decade, photo opportunities with period props, Dioramas, displays and our largest number of player spaces ever
- DevLand – Partnered with GameDev London this zone will be offering workshops, panel discussions, portfolio reviews and networking opportunities, this along with a developer showcase
- Life-Size TableTop – First of its kind life sized D&D Skirmishes in a huge gridded play space
- Vesaro racing rigs – Full Motion Racing Simulators
- Creator Stage – range of engaging content from informative content (How to become a content creator) to engaging and fun stage shows as well as hosting the cosplay final.
- Star Wars Village – 3 major cosplay groups coming together to creator a single focus area around star wars
- World Record Attempt – University of Greenwich are looking at bringing a world record attempt to the Square at MGF this year
- VR Open Arena – Groups of players run around an arena in full immersion VR
- Gel Blaster Feature – Engage in fun activities with Gel Blaster guns
Rapture Gaming Hall
The HUGE Rapture Gaming Hall is full of great modern and next gen gaming. Featuring all the best AAA titles, PC gaming, next gen consoles and tournaments that will have their finals on the main Rapture stage.
Modern Casual Gaming – linked play with popular titles including Fortnite, Minecraft, FIFA and many others on a mixture of state of the arts gaming consoles and high-end Gaming PCs for the optimum in modern gaming performance.
Creator Stage – talks and demonstrations from a variety of performers and speakers covering all aspects of content creation – from Twitch and YouTube through to music production and graphic design.
Rapture Gaming Hall continued …
Competitions – from Retro challenges to the latest games all broadcast on large screens across the weekend.
Creative Arts – a showcase of local and national creative talent representing all areas of popular culture, from Gaming to Comic Book creation.
Indie Showcase – with Indie publishers increasingly growing in the gaming market, we’re proud to present the Indie Showcase which will highlight some of the best local and regional talent in indie games development.
Rapture Gaming Hall Continued …
Gaming Careers and Student Showcases – have you ever wanted to get into gaming as a career? Learn more about careers and studies for all aspects of the gaming and creative industries – from music production to programming.
Armed Forces Gaming – did you know that our Armed Forces have some of the most competitive eSports teams in the country? Meet them face to face and play a variety of different titles from World of Tanks to Call of Duty through linked PC Play.
Our good friends Costume And Play are back with us this year to add some cosplay delight to MGF23. There will be lots of cosplay related talks, photo opportunities and activities, plus the Cosplay Masquerade on the main Rapture stage, where you get to rock your latest creation.
If you’re coming to the event in cosplay there will be a range of props, backdrops and sets available for you to take your best selfies.
Wargaming & TableTop
From playing in the war-torn future battlefields of Warhammer 40,000 to historically accurate battles across land, sea and air or Fantasy realms like Dungeons and Dragons miniatures, the Milton Hundred Club will be back again to host their brilliant Broadside Table Top Gaming Zone. Come and have a go with the friendly teams or just sit back and watch some of the epic battles. Grab your D12 and check it out.
- Dozens of gaming tables
- Exhibition battles & Demonstrations
- Wargaming and Table Top traders
Who you gonna call? Get up close and personal with a selection of show vehicles from your favourite tv shows and films.
Please note there may be an additional charge for photographs and sit-in experiences.
Shop till you drop satisfy your inner geek.
Whether it’s Galaga, a quick dash of Sonic the Hedgehog or any number of retro classics, you can come and share the passion in our new Retro Land full of vintage fun. Games and consoles dating from the 1970’s, 1980’s, 1990’s and 2000’s will be available to play your favourite games from across the decades.
Due to popular demand, this area of the event has been increased in both size and variety of gaming so you can get your retro fix all weekend long.
Bringing gaming right up to the 21st Century, the VR arena is now bigger than ever utilising our epic No.3 Slip Mezzanine Floor. Play an array of VR Games competitively in a huge, safe and open environment for the ultimate VR experience. Move around in a virtual world whilst playing in our real world arena.
Robot Battle Arena
The clash of steel, sparks flying, the cries of defeat! Robot Rebellion will once again be running with the hugely popular Beetleweight Robot Battle Arena. 60 teams will be competing from across the globe in the largest amateur robot arena in the world. The robots will be taking over The Courtyard for the weekend, which will be full of battling bot fun. Pick a favourite and watch them get butchered.
The stars of UK wrestling will be descending on the Historic Dockyard for the weekend with a number of high profile title matches.
UKPW Wrestling is family friendly and the full list of performers and matches will be confirmed shortly.
Join our armed forces for a display of their latest technology. Members of the British Armed Forces will be bringing everything from bomb disposal robots to large military vehicles to highlight the incredible work of the forces and its links with technology.
Join the Medway Sports team and get active with a range of fun and exciting outdoor games including archery, boxing and football.
Game Dev Zone
New to the Medway Gaming Festival, we have created a space that will explore all areas of game development. The programme for the day will include:
- Talks and presentations
- Panel Discussions
- Portfolio Reviews – an opportunity to have your idea, storyline or artwork reviewed by a panel of experts
- Panel members and content will be confirmed shortly