Online prices held for 2023
Our admission tickets offer great value for money and at no extra cost are also valid for 1 year, giving you unlimited access to our incredible site with 3 historic ships, interactive museum galleries and packed seasonal events programme.
All profits made through the sale of tickets go towards the preservation of the Historic Dockyard site. So every time you visit you know you are helping to look after the most complete dockyard of the Age of Sail and to develop its award winning programmes for the benefit of visitors now and in the future.
(Click here for Site notices & Closures)
Acceptable documentation for carer tickets
- Entitlement to Disability Living Allowance for children under 16 or DLA / Personal Independent Payments (PIP) for those aged 16 – 64, either in the form of a letter stating that the benefit has been awarded or the actual Allowance Book.
- Attendance Allowance or Carer Allowance letter of award
- Incapacity Benefit books or a letter notifying the recipient that the benefit has been awarded Incapacity Benefit or Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- A valid Blue Badge
- In the case of visual impairment, a registration card known as the BD8 or a Certificate of Visual Impairment (CVI)
- A local authority registration document
- Credibility’s Access Card with +1 symbol
Reduced price tickets
The Historic Dockyard Chatham has been an important part of the lives of Medway residents for over 400 years. In the lead up to the 40th anniversary of the closure of the working dockyard, we want as many local people as possible to be able to enjoy a day out with us, to experience climbing aboard our historic warships, seeing the last remaining operational ropewalk, getting hands on in our galleries and connecting with the stories of the past.
To help people who might find cost a barrier to visiting The Historic Dockyard Chatham, our Universal Credit and Pension Credit tickets provide entry at a reduced price.
A limited number of tickets are available for Medway residents each day for £2 per person (children aged 3 and under are free).
Included in your ticket
Access to all galleries and ships is included in your admission ticket. Click on the tiles below to explore further …
Also included in your ticket
Events & Activities
Your great value entry ticket also gives you access to an exciting range of events and activities throughout the year.
- Your photo will be taken upon arrival to link to your ticket. We do this to ensure that tickets are assigned to the correct people when revisiting. Photos are only stored for the duration of your annual ticket and are deleted in accordance with our Data Protection Policy.
- These tickets are not valid for the Medway Gaming Festival, Salute to the ’40s, Mission Christmas or Call the Midwife Official Location Tours.
- We accept a number of vouchers and discount codes, please check the full list before visiting: discounts & vouchers that we accept
- We make every effort to keep all areas of the Historic Dockyard open at all times. On a small number of days certain areas need to be closed to visitors or access limited. Please check our “Site Notices & Closures” page prior to your visit to avoid disappointment on the day.
Separately ticketed events and activities
We host a handful of events and activities each year that are not included in an annual ticket. Where possible, annual ticket holders will hear about these events first before tickets go on general release.
The small print
The Historic Dockyard Chatham is a Private Property and a working historic dockyard with the possibility of moving plant and vehicles. All visitors must keep to the designated paths and roadways. Please be aware that cobbled areas, paved areas, timber, steel etc walkways within The Dockyard may not always be even and can be slippery when wet. This may make some areas unsuitable for people with access problems or the elderly. You are advised to wear sensible footwear and we reserve the right to refuse admission into The Historic Dockyard, any exhibit or area within, to anyone not wearing such. Also, do not touch or climb on any exhibit unless invited to do so. All children under the age of 16 must always be supervised by an Adult. The owner and occupier of The Historic Dockyard will not be held liable for any loss, damage or injury that is suffered to the person or property whilst you are within The Historic Dockyard (however such loss, damage or injury is caused). PARKING IS AT YOUR OWN RISK.
Please enjoy a safe visit with us:
- General admission tickets are valid for 12 months – pay once and visit as many times as you wish for free, for 12 months.
- All tickets purchased online will be emailed with a reference number. Please bring this with you (either printed or on a smartphone) when you visit.
- As part of the process to buy tickets, we will ask you for you name and address. This is to allow Chatham Historic Dockyard Trust to claim Gift Aid on your ticket (if applicable). Your information is only used for this purpose and will not be passed onto any third parties.
- Please note, that your photo will be taken upon arrival to link to your ticket. We do this to ensure that tickets are assigned to the correct people when revisting. Photos are only stored for the duration of your annual ticket and are then deleted in accordance with our Data Protection Policy.